Monday, September 14, 2009

My Five Favorite Alfred Hitchcock Films

I was just watching Hitchcock's 1946 classic "Notorious" the other day and it got me thinking about how great all his films are. I decided to list my five favorites. It was really hard to narrow it down to just five but here they are:



1. North By Northwest-Cary Grant/Eva Marie Saint. (1959)
Not just my favorite Hitchcock movie but one of the best of all time. I've watched it dozens of times and haven't tired of it yet. Best scene: The climax on Mt. Rushmore of course!


2. Rear Window-James Stewart/Grace Kelly (1954)
Absolutely fascinating and never becomes boring even after multiple views. Grace's dresses are breathtaking. Best scene: When Grace almost gets caught in Raymond Burr's apt.

3. Saboteur-Bob Cummings/Priscilla Lane (1942)
War time espionage drama at it's finest. Even includes a cross country trip with circus freaks. Best scene: Three words Statue Of Liberty.

4. Dial M For Murder-Ray Milland/Grace Kelly (1954)
The 50's was a great decade for Hitchcock and Grace Kelly. They made three films togther back to back in 1954 and 1955. This was the first one. Best scene: When Grace stabs her "killer" with the scissors.



5. Strangers On A Train-Farley Granger/Ruth Roman (1951)
Classic film noir with the Hitchcock touch. Best scene: the out of control merry go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment