Monday, July 13, 2009

Ladies Victorian Clothing


I find the Victorian era (1837-1901) fascinating. How were those women able to function in those dresses? They seemed like they would be so hard to sit in never mind other day to day activities. For example here are ladies in the 1870's playing tennis. Look at how tight and long the dresses were.


Here are some ladies in the 1890's riding bicycles.




How About these 1880's bathing beauties? They are wearing fancy hats with their bathing suits.





I have some fabulous Victorian items in my own collection. I often like to think about the ladies that wore them. What was thier lives like?

This is an 1880's red wool burgandy dress.

This is one of my favorite pieces. It is a bodice from 1900. Look closely at the small framed picture. That is the same bodice with it's original skirt worn by the original owner. It is dated 1900 on the back.
I'll be sharing some more of my Victorian clothing in the near future. See you all later!



















No comments:

Post a Comment